Published on July 30th, 2013 | by Cordless Drill Pro0
Makita LXT211 Review
Summary: The Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 2-Piece Combo Kit was made for the pro user whose needs include drilling, hammer drilling, driving and fastening. Truly one of the best combination cordless drill sets on the market produced by one of the best brands in the business.
If you’re someone who considers themselves to be a pro-user, and you’re looking for a cordless tool that can handle drilling, hammer drilling, driving and fastening, your search may be over. Makita has put together a truly formidable product, in the form of the LXT211. While also offering a host of additional features, this 18-volt LXT lithium-ion cordless 2-piece combo kit might just be what you’re looking for.
Two Powerful Tools In One Kit
Makita has released an impressive combo kit here. The LXT211 features the versatility of Makita’s 1/2-inch hammer driver-drill. This is an impressive enough tool unto itself, but that’s only one-half of the complete kit. The impact driver included with the kit weighs a mere 3.3 pounds, but don’t let that compactness fool you. This is an impact driver that definitely lives up to its name.
A Versatile 1/2-Inch Hammer Driver-Drill
The 1/2-inch hammer driver-drill, also known as the BHP452Z, provides power, strong battery life, and a smart ergonomic design in a compact size. A pro-user looking for a reliable 1/2-inch hammer driver-drill may not need to look any further, with features like these:
- A Makita-designed four-pole maximum torque motor, capable of delivering 450 in.lbs. of torque power in a compacted size.
- Fans of this driver-drill particularly like shift-lock drive system sleeve. This allows the tool to move effortlessly and quickly from “hammer drill” to “driver” modes.
- Pro-users have also praised the BHP452Z for its ability to take on a number of drilling and driving applications. This is thanks to the two-speed all-metal transmission being able to bring you 0-400 RPM on low speed, and 0-1500 RPM on the high speed.
- This driver-drill also gets points for how well it works with masonry and concrete. The low speed runs from 0-6000 BPM, and the high speed goes from 0-22, 500 BPM. That’s a considerable range of speed and power.
- The ergonomically-pleasing design of the BHP452Z combines with the lightweight feel (only 4.2 pounds with battery), and the result is a driver-drill that’s comfortable to use for long periods of time.
- The LED work light allows for the tool to be used at night, as well.
A Formidable Impact Driver
Makita’s 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Impact Driver (BTD141Z) is also included in the kit. Pro-users who have tried this impact driver for themselves have had some pretty positive things to say about a number of its features:
- The four-pole torque motor delivers 1, 330 in.lbs. of torque, 2300 RPM, and 3200 impacts.
- The hammer and anvil impact system is designed for optimal fastening and driving power.
- Weighing just 3.3 pounds (including battery), the BTD141Z provides compact design and ingenious ergonomics for optimal comfort while working.
- The phosphorescent bumper ring and LED work light allow for straightforward work at night.
A Variety Of Uses
When combined, the LXT211 is capable of being useful in a wide range of professional-grade applications. Those who have put this kit to work have come back to report that it works exceptionally well with drilling, driving, fastening, and hammer drilling. Those who need a professional tool for work with HVAC, plumbing, electrical, remodeling, woodworking, and more can have those needs met in stellar fashion by this Best in Class offering from Makita. This is made even better by the LXT lithium-ion battery. Energy Star-rated for its 30 minute charger, this kit guarantees 430 percent total lifetime work and 2.5 times additional cycles.
The Bottom Line
Professional work demands professional tools. Everything about the LXT211 suggests its up for the task, whatever that might be.
Incoming search terms:
- best cordless drill
- Makita LXT211 review
- makita xt211 vs xt260
- makita reviews
- makita lxt211 vs xt260
- makita lxt211 versus lxt211s
- makita lxt211 drill kit reviews
- makita lxt 18v review
- what year did Makita start offering the LXT211 drill driver kit
- lxt211 vs lxt211s